Matt and Tena Tested and given the seal of approval!
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 40-50 (minutes)
Cooking Method: Bake
1 (approx 2lb) head of green or red cabbage, cut into 1″ thick slices
1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
2 to 3 large garlic cloves, smashed or 3 to 4 tbs minced garlic from a jar
freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400F and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Pull outer leaf off cabbage (it’s usually dirty and nasty looking), cut cabbage from top to bottom (bottom being root) into 1″ thick slices.
2. Rub both sides of cabbage with smashed garlic.
3. Use a pastry brush to evenly spread the olive oil over both sides of the cabbage slices.
4. Finally, sprinkle each side with a bit of kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
5. Roast on the middle rack for 20-25 minutes. Carefully flip the cabbage steaks and roast for an additional 20-25 minutes until edges are brown and crispy. (Keep an eye on these the cooking time will vary depending on what sort of pan you are cooking them on) Serve hot and Enjoy!